- 1 Which of the following beverages has the highest caffeine content?
- 2 Which beverages have the highest caffeine content quizlet?
- 3 Which of the following is a fatty acid needed for brain development quizlet?
- 4 Which of the following minerals should a pregnant woman also take to prevent a deficiency?
- 5 Which has more caffeine tea or Coke?
- 6 What’s the strongest caffeine drink?
- 7 Why is serving cow’s milk to infants under 12 months of age is discouraged?
- 8 Why is eating at large gatherings risky?
- 9 Which of the following foods is most likely to be a source of food borne pathogens?
- 10 Which of the following fatty acid is critical to fetal brain and I development?
- 11 Is the brain fat or muscle?
- 12 How does fat affect the brain?
- 13 What vitamins should I avoid during pregnancy?
- 14 What recommendations would you give to promote a healthy pregnancy?
- 15 Does Pregnacare make baby big?
Which of the following beverages has the highest caffeine content?
Black Label Brewed Coffee is believed to have the most caffeine per ounce at 129.6 mg. And when it comes to brand name caffeine, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf’s regular coffee packs the most caffeine per ounce at 20.8 mg. That’s more than twice the amount of caffeine offered in McDonald’s coffee (9.1 mg per fluid ounce).
Which beverages have the highest caffeine content quizlet?
Caffeine – Chp 11
- Rock Star – 160 mg/ serving.
- Brewed Coffee – 108 mg / serving.
- Go Girl – 100 mg / serving.
- Red Bull – 80 mg / serving.
- Instant Coffee – 57 mg / serving. ——————————————
- Mountain Dew – 54 mg / serving.
- Diet Coke – 45 mg / serving.
- Tea ( Black) – 42 mg /serving.
Which of the following is a fatty acid needed for brain development quizlet?
Omega-6 fatty acids are considered essential fatty acids: They are necessary for human health but the body can’t make them — you have to get them through food. Along with omega-3 fatty acids, omega-6 fatty acids play a crucial role in brain function, as well as normal growth and development.
Which of the following minerals should a pregnant woman also take to prevent a deficiency?
Folic acid, also known as folate, is a B vitamin that is important for pregnant women. Folic acid may help prevent major birth defects of the fetus’s brain and spine called neural tube defects (NTDs). How much folic acid should I take? When you are pregnant you need 600 micrograms of folic acid each day.
Which has more caffeine tea or Coke?
Coke and Diet Coke contain 32 and 42 mg of caffeine per 12 ounces (335 ml) respectively, which is lower than other caffeinated beverages like coffee, tea and energy drinks. However, they’re often high in sugar and other unhealthy ingredients, so keep your intake to a minimum to promote better health.
What’s the strongest caffeine drink?
The strongest, most powerful energy drink is Redline Xtreme (part of the Redline brand from Bang Energy). This is selected from our database of over 1,000 caffeinated items. With a can size of just 8 fl oz (240 ml), the drink has a massive 316 mg of caffeine. On a caffeine per ounce scale — it is the most powerful.
Why is serving cow’s milk to infants under 12 months of age is discouraged?
Why is serving cow’s milk to infants under 12 months of age is discouraged? Consuming cow’s milk can lead to iron deficiency and it is too high in protein, sodium, and potassium. there are less associated risks for babies born in certain cultures who use honey to cleanse the system shortly after birth.
Why is eating at large gatherings risky?
Why is consuming food at large gatherings risky? Foods are held in the danger zone for more than 2 hours. Proper refrigeration equipment may not be available. Attendees may not practice safe food handling techniques.
Which of the following foods is most likely to be a source of food borne pathogens?
Raw foods of animal origin are the most likely to be contaminated, specifically raw or undercooked meat and poultry, raw or lightly cooked eggs, unpasteurized (raw) milk, and raw shellfish. Fruits and vegetables also may get contaminated.
Which of the following fatty acid is critical to fetal brain and I development?
Among these, docosahexaenoic acid, 22:6n-3 (DHA), is critically necessary for the structure and development of the growing fetal brain in utero. DHA is the major n-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid in brain gray matter representing about 15% of all fatty acids in the human frontal cortex.
Is the brain fat or muscle?
Weighing about 3 pounds in the average adult, the brain is about 60% fat. The remaining 40% is a combination of water, protein, carbohydrates and salts. The brain itself is a not a muscle. It contains blood vessels and nerves, including neurons and glial cells.
How does fat affect the brain?
Intake of bad fats, including trans-fatty acids, saturated fats, and omega-6 fatty acids, can lead to a breakdown of plasticity of brain cells, creating less efficient information processing.
What vitamins should I avoid during pregnancy?
For example, high doses of vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin D or vitamin E can be dangerous. It’s best not to take these vitamins as supplements in pregnancy. It’s also best to avoid foods that may be very high in vitamin A, including liver and liver products such as pâté.
What recommendations would you give to promote a healthy pregnancy?
12 Ways to Stay Healthy During Pregnancy
- Eat healthy foods. Eating healthy foods is especially important for pregnant women.
- Take a daily prenatal vitamin.
- Stay hydrated.
- Go to your prenatal care checkups.
- Avoid certain foods.
- Don’t drink alcohol.
- Don’t smoke.
- Get moving.
Does Pregnacare make baby big?
Pregnant women taking a daily multivitamin pill have bigger babies, a study shows. During the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, half started taking Pregnacare pills. These contain 19 vitamins and minerals, including iron, folic acid and vitamin D.