- 1 How can I restrict what my child watches on YouTube?
- 2 How do I block content on YouTube?
- 3 Can you set parental controls on YouTube?
- 4 What is restricted mode in YouTube?
- 5 Which app is best for parental control?
- 6 How do I allow certain channels on YouTube?
- 7 How do I password protect my YouTube app?
- 8 What age is the age restriction on YouTube?
- 9 Why can’t I turn Restricted Mode off on YouTube?
- 10 How do I bypass restricted mode on YouTube?
How can I restrict what my child watches on YouTube?
Here’s how to do it:
- Access YouTube.com and sign in to your YouTube/Google account.
- Click the “Settings” button in the left sidebar.
- Click the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page that reads: “Restricted Mode: Off.”
- Select “On” to lock Restricted Mode on this browser.
- Click “Save.”
How do I block content on YouTube?
From the Watch Page
- Tap More at the top of the video.
- Tap Block.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Block this video, or select Block this channel to block the channel associated with the video.
- Tap Block again.
- Enter the numbers you see written on the screen, or enter your custom passcode.
Can you set parental controls on YouTube?
Other parents may have created a supervised Google Account for their child when they first set up the child’s account on a new Android device or Chromebook. The new features will allow parents to select between three different levels of YouTube access for their tween or teen.
What is restricted mode in YouTube?
Restricted Mode is an optional setting you can use on YouTube. This feature can help screen out potentially mature content you or others using your devices may prefer not to view.
Which app is best for parental control?
The best parental control app you can get
- Net Nanny Parental Control. The best parental control app overall, and great for iOS.
- Norton Family. The best parental control app for Android.
- Kaspersky Safe Kids.
- Screen Time.
- ESET Parental Control for Android.
How do I allow certain channels on YouTube?
Enter the security passcode, whether’s your own custom passcode or the numbers shown on the screen. Tap Settings. Tap the profile you want to restrict. You’re going to toggle off Allow Searching and toggle on Approved Content Only.
How do I password protect my YouTube app?
First Step: Parental Control in Google Play Store
- Open Google Play Store application on your device and tap menu in the left corner.
- Select Settings from left panel.
- Select Parental Controls then turn Parental Controls on.
What age is the age restriction on YouTube?
YouTube, and other tech companies like Facebook and Snapchat, bar children under the age of 13 from using their services because of COPPA. The platform says in its terms of service that it’s not for kids; users must be 13 or older. It has a separate platform, YouTube Kids, for family-friendly content.
Why can’t I turn Restricted Mode off on YouTube?
In case the Activate Restricted mode is greyed out, click on ‘Unlock Restricted mode on this browser option’ present below the same setting. You will need to enter your Google account password. Enter the password. Reload your browser, and Restricted mode should be turned off.
How do I bypass restricted mode on YouTube?
It’s at the bottom of the drop-down menu that appears when you click your profile icon. Click the toggle switch next to “Activate Restricted Mode”. This disables restricted mode. If the toggle switch is greyed out and you are unable to click it, Restricted mode has been locked by the account holder.