- 1 How do I share content on Blackboard Collaborate?
- 2 How do you share screen on collaborate?
- 3 Why can’t I share my screen on Blackboard Collaborate?
- 4 Can you share video on Blackboard Collaborate?
- 5 How do I share my camera on Blackboard Collaborate?
- 6 How do I turn on video in Blackboard Collaborate?
- 7 How do I share my ipad screen on Blackboard Collaborate?
- 8 Can you see everyone on Blackboard Collaborate?
- 9 Can you use presenter mode in Blackboard Collaborate?
- 10 Can teachers see your screen on Blackboard Collaborate?
- 11 Why is my video not working on Blackboard Collaborate?
- 12 How do I allow share screen on Blackboard Collaborate Mac?
- 13 How do I fix Blackboard Collaborate connection?
- 14 How do I share screen on Blackboard Collaborate Mac?
Share audio and video streams and files
- From a Chrome browser, open the Collaborate panel and select the Share Content tab.
- Select Share Application/Screen.
- Select the Chrome Tab option.
- Select the Share audio check box.
- Choose the tab you want to share from the list.
- Select Share.
- Go to the third icon (featuring an arrow) in the Collaborate panel (bottom left of the screen).
- Select Share Application/Screen.
- Select Entire Screen.
- If you have multiple screens, select the thumbnail of the screen you wish to share and click the Share button.
Check that your browser is fully up -to-date. If you see the message that Application sharing is starting but the screen does not start sharing, stop and restart the application sharing. Check your browser settings to make sure that the browser has permission to share your screen or application.
If you are using a Chrome browser, you can share video from sites like YouTube or open video and audio files you have on your desktop. Within your Blackboard Collaborate session, open the Collaborate panel and select the Share Content tab.
Sharing a Secondary Camera
- Sharing a Camera. In the Collaborate Panel, click on the Share Content tab.
- Selecting a Camera to Share. You will now see a list of connected devices.
- Video Preview. You will now see a preview of the camera video.
- Finishing Up. The video you are sharing will now appear on screen.
How do I turn on video in Blackboard Collaborate?
To access your My Settings area, open the Collaborate Panel on the lower right side of the screen. Click the My Settings button at the bottom of the page. This will open your My Settings. Click Select Set Up your Camera and Microphone to set up your audio and video.
In your Bb Collaborate session, navigate to the “Share Content” tab. Select on “Share Application/screen” in order to reveal the open applications on your computer (which can then be shared – you must have the application open for it to be available here.)
Can you see everyone on Blackboard Collaborate?
Select the “Attendees” Icon from the Collaborate Panel to view the all of the participants in the session. Attendees have microphone and camera settings in the same location as your own (at the bottom of the screen).
Can you use presenter mode in Blackboard Collaborate?
In your Collaborate Window, select the Share Content button, then choose Share Application. You may share your desktop or a software application window that you currently have open. Make sure your presentation is in Slide Show or Present mode before sharing it as an application.
Can teachers see your screen on Blackboard Collaborate?
Blackboard alone cannot detect anything in your computer since the browsing ability is limited to that open tab only. However, If you are taking a proctored test, the Blackboard can detect that you have opened other tabs.
Why is my video not working on Blackboard Collaborate?
Make sure your web browser is up to date. Current browsers have been tested against Collaborate and can include fixes for known issues. Disable AdBlockers and extensions, refresh your Collaborate session. If necessary try Chrome in an Incognito window or Firefox in a Private window.
Select Security and Privacy. This will open your Security & Privacy settings. Click on the Privacy tab and scroll down to Screen Recording. Check the box next to your preferred browser(s) in order to allow the browser to share and record your screen.
How do I fix Blackboard Collaborate connection?
Make sure the user has the most up to date version of their internet browser. Advise your users to deactivate browser add-ons and see if that fixes their issue. Clear browser cache and refresh browser. Clearing the browser cache allows Collaborate to download the necessary components again to run a session.
How to share audio in a Blackboard Collaborate session
- Select “Your Entire Screen” (Windows only) or “Application Window” (Windows only) or “Chrome Tab” (Windows or Mac).
- Click on the thumbnail image you want to share, e.g. screen, application or Chrome tab.
- Critical step: Tick “Share Audio” box in the bottom left.