- 1 How do I block certain content on YouTube?
- 2 How can I restrict what my child watches on YouTube?
- 3 Can I block channels on YouTube?
- 4 Can you set age restrictions on YouTube?
- 5 How do I block YouTube from my browser?
- 6 Where is the restricted mode on YouTube?
- 7 Which app is best for parental control?
- 8 How do I password protect my YouTube app?
- 9 How do I block unwanted videos on YouTube mobile?
- 10 What does blocking someone on YouTube do?
- 11 What is the age limit for YouTube?
How do I block certain content on YouTube?
From the Watch Page
- Tap More at the top of the video.
- Tap Block.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Block this video, or select Block this channel to block the channel associated with the video.
- Tap Block again.
- Enter the numbers you see written on the screen, or enter your custom passcode.
How can I restrict what my child watches on YouTube?
Here’s how to do it:
- Access YouTube.com and sign in to your YouTube/Google account.
- Click the “Settings” button in the left sidebar.
- Click the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page that reads: “Restricted Mode: Off.”
- Select “On” to lock Restricted Mode on this browser.
- Click “Save.”
Can I block channels on YouTube?
Block a Channel on YouTube on Android, iPhone, or iPad On the channel screen that opens, tap the three-dot menu in the top-right corner. Select “Block User” from the menu that appears. Tap “Block” in the “Block User” prompt that opens on your screen. Your selected channel will now be blocked.
Can you set age restrictions on YouTube?
You can set YouTube parental controls to make sure your child only watches appropriate videos. On a web browser, you can enable YouTube Restricted Mode, which hides mature content. You can also download the YouTube Kids app and allow pre-approved content or block specific videos.
How do I block YouTube from my browser?
Scroll through the list of mobile apps on the device. Or search “YouTube” on the search bar. Switch the toggle button to block YouTube (the toggle should turn white) >> Click “Done”.
Where is the restricted mode on YouTube?
From the Home screen, scroll down to the Apps row. Select YouTube. Scroll down and select Settings. Select Restricted Mode or Safety Mode.
Which app is best for parental control?
The best parental control app you can get
- Net Nanny Parental Control. The best parental control app overall, and great for iOS.
- Norton Family. The best parental control app for Android.
- Kaspersky Safe Kids.
- Screen Time.
- ESET Parental Control for Android.
How do I password protect my YouTube app?
First Step: Parental Control in Google Play Store
- Open Google Play Store application on your device and tap menu in the left corner.
- Select Settings from left panel.
- Select Parental Controls then turn Parental Controls on.
How do I block unwanted videos on YouTube mobile?
If you are on the YouTube app for Android or iOS, you can do the same. Head over to the home page of the channel and tap on the three-dot menu on the upper right corner. Select block user from the menu and you’re done.
What does blocking someone on YouTube do?
When you block someone on YouTube, they won’t be able to comment on your videos or channel, and will be barred from sending you private messages too.
What is the age limit for YouTube?
YouTube is intended for users who are at least 13 because Google, its parent company, collects and markets user data, but many younger children have channels.