- 1 How do I enable content on YouTube for kids?
- 2 Is my YouTube content for kids?
- 3 What is restricted mode in YouTube?
- 4 Can 11 year olds watch YouTube?
- 5 What age is YouTube Kids for?
- 6 Can you use YouTube under 13?
- 7 Is it illegal to have a YouTube account under 13?
- 8 How do I watch YouTube under 13?
- 9 Can you put age restrictions on YouTube?
How do I enable content on YouTube for kids?
- On a computer, go to studio.youtube.com.
- From the left menu, select Content.
- Go to the video you’d like to edit and under Restrictions, select Made for kids.
- Click Review audience setting.
- Under Audience, select “No, it’s not made for kids”.
Is my YouTube content for kids?
How do I know if I should set my content as made for kids? If your video features actors, characters, activities, games, songs, stories, or other subject matter that reflect an intent to target children, it’s likely made for kids.
What is restricted mode in YouTube?
Restricted Mode is an optional setting you can use on YouTube. This feature can help screen out potentially mature content you or others using your devices may prefer not to view.
Can 11 year olds watch YouTube?
YouTube is technically only for teens 13 and up, and what the site considers age-appropriate may not match your values. But YouTube offers a filter called Restricted Mode that limits the iffy stuff.
What age is YouTube Kids for?
What is YouTube Kids? YouTube Kids is a kid-targeted version of YouTube that features curated, ad-supported TV shows, music, educational videos, and user-created content. It’s designed for kids preschool age to age 12 and is available as an app and a website.
Can you use YouTube under 13?
Note: YouTube is not available for children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 must use YouTube Kids. You’ll decide: The content level setting that you want for your child (available in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Jamaica, Philippines and South Africa)
Is it illegal to have a YouTube account under 13?
Officially, YouTube forbids children under the age of 13 to create their own accounts, and children between ages 13 and 17 are only allowed to open accounts with parental permission. Of course, these rules don’t say anything about parents opening an account for their child; this is allowed.
How do I watch YouTube under 13?
With the YouTube app
- On your device, open the YouTube app.
- In the top right, select your profile picture or initial.
- Select Parent settings.
- Choose your child.
- Under “YouTube Settings,” tap Edit.
- Choose the content setting you want to change.
- To confirm, tap Select.
Can you put age restrictions on YouTube?
You can set YouTube parental controls to make sure your child only watches appropriate videos. On a web browser, you can enable YouTube Restricted Mode, which hides mature content. You can also download the YouTube Kids app and allow pre-approved content or block specific videos.