- 1 How can I restrict what my child watches on YouTube?
- 2 How do I block content on YouTube?
- 3 Where is the restricted mode on YouTube?
- 4 Which app is best for parental control?
- 5 How do I allow certain channels on YouTube?
- 6 How do I bypass restricted mode on YouTube?
- 7 Why is YouTube on restricted mode?
- 8 Can you put age restrictions on YouTube?
- 9 Can I monitor my child’s phone without them knowing?
- 10 Are parental control apps safe?
- 11 Are there any free parental control apps?
How can I restrict what my child watches on YouTube?
Here’s how to do it:
- Access YouTube.com and sign in to your YouTube/Google account.
- Click the “Settings” button in the left sidebar.
- Click the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page that reads: “Restricted Mode: Off.”
- Select “On” to lock Restricted Mode on this browser.
- Click “Save.”
How do I block content on YouTube?
From the Watch Page
- Tap More at the top of the video.
- Tap Block.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Block this video, or select Block this channel to block the channel associated with the video.
- Tap Block again.
- Enter the numbers you see written on the screen, or enter your custom passcode.
Where is the restricted mode on YouTube?
From the Home screen, scroll down to the Apps row. Select YouTube. Scroll down and select Settings. Select Restricted Mode or Safety Mode.
Which app is best for parental control?
The best parental control app you can get
- Net Nanny Parental Control. The best parental control app overall, and great for iOS.
- Norton Family. The best parental control app for Android.
- Kaspersky Safe Kids.
- Screen Time.
- ESET Parental Control for Android.
How do I allow certain channels on YouTube?
Enter the security passcode, whether’s your own custom passcode or the numbers shown on the screen. Tap Settings. Tap the profile you want to restrict. You’re going to toggle off Allow Searching and toggle on Approved Content Only.
How do I bypass restricted mode on YouTube?
It’s at the bottom of the drop-down menu that appears when you click your profile icon. Click the toggle switch next to “Activate Restricted Mode”. This disables restricted mode. If the toggle switch is greyed out and you are unable to click it, Restricted mode has been locked by the account holder.
Why is YouTube on restricted mode?
Restricted Mode was created to give viewers better control over the content they see. It’s an option to intentionally limit your YouTube experience. Viewers can choose to turn on Restricted Mode for their personal accounts.
Can you put age restrictions on YouTube?
You can set YouTube parental controls to make sure your child only watches appropriate videos. On a web browser, you can enable YouTube Restricted Mode, which hides mature content. You can also download the YouTube Kids app and allow pre-approved content or block specific videos.
Can I monitor my child’s phone without them knowing?
FamilyTime.io. For as low as $2.25 a month, you can enjoy the basic version of this parental monitoring app which can be installed without kids knowing but only for one device. The app offers some great features and works both on Android and iOS.
Are parental control apps safe?
Children understandably don’t have the same capabilities as adults in avoiding online scams, dangerous links, and apps. A parental control app with antivirus not only makes internet safe for kids, but also protects family devices and home networks from cyber attacks.
Are there any free parental control apps?
Our current pick of the best free parental control software is Qustodio, which offers a comprehensive suite of tools to keep your kids safe online including content-filtering and time limits. It does not matter what age your child is, or whether they are using a mobile device, Windows or a macOS computer.